Who doesn’t love the nice comforting taste of a bowl of oatmeal? Most people don’t have the time to cook up a nice fresh batch before heading out the door. It feels like everyone these days is constantly on the go, which makes eating a healthy breakfast that much harder. What’s helped me the most to keep my healthy eating on track is planning ahead and making easy “on the go” meals. These oatmeal cups are a great breakfast option or mid-day snack! You can change these up by adding different types of flavor mix-ins. For these oatmeal cups I’ve chosen blueberries, but it’s good to mix it up. Get Creative! Other types of berries, nuts, or even a little dark chocolate would be great alternatives.
WHY OATMEAL? Oats are high in soluble fiber which help our bodies feel fuller longer making these a great way to start your busy day.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
|Cook Time||20 minutes|
- 3 cups rolled oats (select GF oats if needed)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 mashed ripe bananas
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups almond milk
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup blueberries I prefer frozen cause it's easy to keep on hand!
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. Spray muffin tin with non-stick coconut spray.
- Measure out all ingredients into a large bowl.
- Stir in all ingredients (except blueberries) until well combined.
- Stir in blueberries.
- Scoop out 1/4 cup mixture into each muffin tin. Make sure mix is well combined so you're not getting an even amount of liquid in each muffin tin.