Part of changing to a healthy lifestyle is finding things that work for you. When it comes to breakfast, I’m a sucker for the carb loaded options. These muffins are a good balance to satisfying my breakfast desires, while still keeping a healthy balanced snack! If you’re not a fan of beets, don’t worry the beet flavor isn’t strong in these! This is the perfect option if you’re on the go in the mornings, you can have these all portioned out ready to go!
(3 muffins per serving)
- 1 cup chopped cooked beets (I use the vacuum packed, precooked kind)
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees celsius. For a metal muffin tin, spray with coconut oil. If using silicone baking cups, no spray needed.
- Chop up your vacuum packed beets, then add to the food processor.
- Blend on high till the beets are in small pieces.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and blend.
- Fill batter into muffin tins. About 1 tbsp per muffin. Bake for 20 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.