These no bake energy balls are quick and easy to put together. With no baking required, just throw the ingredients and go. If you don’t have all the ingredients listed below, get creative! The most important stables that are required are the nut butter, oats, and honey. These are the base for the recipe, the rest you can adjust and substitute accordingly. If you do decide to make adjustments, I recommend throwing the ingredients in a recipe calculator so you know how you’re adjusting the calorie/macro count. The reason these are called “energy” balls is because they’re calorie dense with high quality ingredients.
Why Chia Seeds? Chia seeds are loaded with fiber, minerals, omega 3 fatty acids, and also a complete protein!
Why Hemp Seeds? Hemp seeds are high in healthy fats, lots of minerals, and even more protein! 25% of the calories from hemp seeds are from high quality protein.
**PORTION CONTROL**I highly recommend separating these into small baggies in the correct serving size, so you maintain proper portion control. Serving size varies based on your goals and ingredients, I kept mine to 2 balls per serving.
|Prep Time||20 minutes|
- 1 cup GF rolled oats
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 cup nut buter (almond butter is my preference)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup shredded toasted coconut
- 1 pinch Himalayan pink sea salt (invest in high quality salt!)
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2 tbsp raw honey (sub agave nectar for vegan)
- 3 squares chopped dark chocolate (optional) I recommend at least 70% cocoa
- Measure out all ingredients put into a bowl.
- Mix all ingredients together till well combined.
- Combine into small round balls. Makes 16-18 balls (If you're having a hard time forming balls, stick the mix in the fridge for 15 min before rolling)
- Store in the fridge and/or freezer. I like these frozen so they last and taste awesome right out of the freezer!
Recipe adapted from Gimme Some Oven: https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/no-bake-energy-bites/