What I love most about this recipe is it’s quick and easy. These are mainly non-perishable ingredients you can keep in the pantry. Throw everything into the food processor so there’s no worry about dry and liquid sides, dirtying up extra bowls etc. I’m telling you, make these and comment below when you do!
Traditionally these would be categorized as more of a dessert, but for me these make a great snack. You can adjust this recipe based on your taste buds.The sweetness can be adjusted by adding more or less dark chocolate into the batter (and on top) or adding more or less honey. I prefer these on the less sweet side so I can eat them as a regular snack, but feel free to adjust accordingly. The batter is delicious to snack on so taste it before you bake it!
Chickpeas are a great source of plant based protein. These complex carbohydrates are slowly digested ensuring blood sugar levels don’t spike the same way they would from eating a traditional sugar laden simple carbohydrate blondie. Enjoy this delicious healthier treat! 🙂
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||20 min|
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup shredded toasted coconut (UNSWEETENED)
- 1/3 cup organic raw honey (sub maple syrup for vegan)
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp almond milk
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 squares chopped dark chocolate (I use 72% cocoa or higher)
- 1/2 cup roasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 175 celsius (350 Fahrenheit)
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate and pecans into the food processor
- Blend until chickpeas come out completely smooth
- Add in chocolate and pecans, blend till well combined.
- Cover square baking dish with parchment paper. Leave extra paper on sides to use as handles to pull out after baking
- Pour batter into square baking dish
- Sprinkle extra chopped pecans, shredded unsweetened coconut, and chopped dark chocolate on top!
- Bake 20 min. Cut into squares. ENJOY!